Plan Your Experience
Here are some FAQs to help you plan your experience:
- How do I create the best experience for my students?
- What information do I need to make a reservation?
- When should I make my reservation?
- What should I know before arriving?
- Can we visit both the museum and Tifft Nature Preserve?
- How many chaperones are needed?
- What about lunch?
- Do you have a gift shop?
- Choose your program based on grade level, content and/or process skills
- Decide on the level of engagement from self-guided discovery to facilitated workshops
- Teachers with Educator IDs are welcome to preview (most) exhibits, galleries, and programs at no charge
- The complete name and mailing address of your school, the school phone number, fax number, and your e-mail address
- Grade level of your students
- Student total, teacher total, and chaperone total
- The date and time you are interested in booking
- Specific exhibits you wish to see or any programs in which you wish to participate
- Lunch and/or Curiosity Shop reservations
- Reservations are recommended for groups of 10 or more and are required in order to receive the group rate
- A deposit of $1 per child is required to secure your reservation - payment can be made over the phone by credit card or it can be mailed in
- You will receive your confirmation and pre-visit materials by mail, fax, or email
- If you need to cancel your visit, please call 716.896.5200 x338 to let us know as soon as possible
- Cancellations that are made less than 14 days before a scheduled visit are subject to forfeiture of deposit unless a new reservation is made
- Take a head count of students, chaperones, and teachers as you will need that number when you check in
*The balance of the payment is due on the day of your visit and can be paid by cash, check, Visa or MasterCard
- Payment for all students, teachers, and chaperones should be made by the contact person upon arrival in a single payment
- Coupons or guest passes cannot be accepted with group admissions
- Combination fees are available for more than one experience at either the Museum, Tifft Nature Preserve or both
- We require one Adult (FREE) with every ten students
- All chaperones in excess of the 1 to 10 ratio will be required to pay the discounted adult admission of $6
- Make a lunchroom reservation when you book your visit and bring your lunch
- If you are having lunch with us, make sure all students have written their names on their lunch bags and/or class lunches are stored together in a bag, bin, or box for easy location and identification
- In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint we are encouraging all of our visitors to bring reusable lunch bags and other items that do not find their way into a landfill
- Upon arrival bring your lunches into the museum where a bin will be available for storage
- We have many educational items for students as well as classroom materials
- If you plan on visiting the Curiosity Shop, please make a reservation when you book your visit
Make your reservation or ask a question
MONDAY - FRIDAY 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM CALL 716.896.5200 x338