1. Can I rent the Buffalo Museum of Science or Tifft Nature Preserve for my next event?
Yes! There are a variety of spaces in the Museum and at Tifft Nature Preserve available to rent for wedding receptions, class reunions, banquets, concerts, performances, corporate meetings, parties, seminars and other events.
2. Can I hold a fundraiser at the Buffalo Museum of Science or Tifft Nature Preserve?
No. Because the Museum is a 501c3 charitable organization and hosts several fundraisers for our own programs and services throughout the year, we typically do not allow other fundraisers to take place within our facilities.
3. Can I hold a religious or political function at the Buffalo Museum of Science?
No. Because the Museum is a 501c3 charitable organization, functions of this nature are not permitted.
4. Can I serve food and/or alcohol at my event?
Yes. However, there is a list of licensed caterers that the Museum works with exclusively. All guests renting space must use an approved caterer to supply food and/or alcohol. Absolutely no outside food or drink may be brought in for events.
5. Can I decorate the space that I am renting for my event?
Yes, with some restrictions. Candles, helium balloons and potted plants are not permitted. Guests renting space may not place any nails, hooks, tacks, screws or other fasteners into any part of the facility and no decorations such as posters, pictures or banners are to be fastened to walls, woodwork or curtains inside or out. All decorations are subject to approval.
6. Does the facility rental fee include access to all Museum exhibits and collections?
No. The facility rental fee only includes access to the space that you are renting. Museum exhibits and collections are not included.
7. Is there a way for my group to access Museum exhibits and collections?
Yes. While the facility rental fee only includes access to the space that you are renting, your group may be able to access Museum exhibits and collections in other areas for an additional cost. Please call 896-5200 ext. 385 for details.
8. Can I schedule a tour led by Museum staff or interactive program for my group?
Yes. From early childhood to adult-focused programming, we can help customize your experience to include scavenger hunts, problem solving challenges and other team building exercises. Led by our knowledgeable staff, topics can be customized to meet the needs of your group.
9. What dates are available?
Please call 716-896-5200 ext. 385 for space availability.
10. How late can my event run?
In most cases, all events must end by 12AM.
11. Where can my guests park?
The Buffalo Museum of Science 120-space parking lot is located directly outside the building’s main entrance. Use of the lot is included in all facility rental fees and it is regularly patrolled by our security guards.
12. Is security available?
Yes. Security guards are on duty whenever the building is occupied.
13. Does the Museum have tables/chairs/linens/silverware available?
The Buffalo Museum of Science has a limited number of tables and chairs available. However, any of our approved caterers can assist you with renting all necessary items for your event. Please call 716-896-5200 ext. 385 for the list of caterers.
14. Does the Museum take care of health and liquor permits for my event?
No, but any of our approved caterers can assist you with all necessary permits for your event. Please call 716-896-5200 ext. 385 for the list of caterers.
15. Is the Buffalo Museum of Science wheelchair accessible?
All floors of the Museum are accessible by elevator, except the roof.
16. What happens if there is inclement weather during my rooftop event?
Unfortunately, there is no way to tent the rooftop observatory deck. In cases of inclement weather, events scheduled to take place on the roof will be moved to the atrium/balcony area at no additional cost to the renter.