1. Can I hold a fundraiser at the Buffalo Museum of Science or Tifft Nature Preserve?
No. Because the Museum is a 501c3 charitable organization and hosts several fundraisers for our own programs and services throughout the year, we do not allow other fundraisers or any ticketed events to take place within our facilities.
2. Can I hold a religious or political function at the Buffalo Museum of Science?
No. Because the Museum is a 501c3 charitable organization, functions of this nature are not permitted.
3. Can I serve food and/or alcohol at my event?
Yes. All events at the Museum are required to have a catering component. Rich's Renaissance Catering must be given first right of refusal. Absolutely no outside food or drink may be brought in for events.
4. Can I decorate the space that I am renting for my event?
Yes, with some restrictions. Candles, helium balloons and potted plants are not permitted. Guests renting space may not place any nails, hooks, tacks, screws or other fasteners into any part of the facility and no decorations such as posters, pictures or banners are to be fastened to walls, woodwork or curtains inside or out. All decorations are subject to approval.
5. Does the facility rental fee include access to all Museum exhibits and collections?
No. The facility rental fee only includes access to the space that you are renting. Museum exhibits and collections are not included.
6. What dates are available?
Please call 716.896.5200 x359 for space availability.
7. How late can my event run?
All events must end by 12AM.
8. Where can my guests park?
The Buffalo Museum of Science 120-space parking lot is located directly outside the building’s main entrance. Use of the lot is included in all facility rental fees and it is regularly patrolled by our security guards.
9. Is security available?
Yes. Security guards are on duty whenever the building is occupied.
10. Does the Museum have tables/chairs/linens/silverware available?
The Buffalo Museum of Science has a limited number of tables and chairs available. Rich's Renaissance Catering can assist you with renting all necessary items for your event (or, if they are unavailable, another catering option will be provided that will also be able to assist you).
11. Does the Museum take care of health and liquor permits for my event?
No. Rich's Renaissance Catering can assist you with all necessary permits for your event (if they are unavailable, another caterer will be recommended that will be able to provide appropriate permits).
12. Is the Buffalo Museum of Science wheelchair accessible?
All floors of the Museum are accessible by elevator.